- Rocks, dens and caves, but I in none of these find place or refuge. –Milton
- The high hills are a refuge for the wild goats. –Psalm 104
- This last old man—their latest refuge was to send to him. –Shakespeare
- Light must be supplied, among graceful refuges, by terracing any story in danger of darkness. –Wotton.
- Bred to disguise, in public ‘tis you hide. –Pope
On this date, in 1951, the Unites States adopted the Twenty-Second amendment to the Constitution, stipulating that a president may not serve more than two terms.
If you like it, your friends will, too. Tell them:
Published by Katharine
Katharine is a writer, speaker, women's counselor, and professional mom. Happily married over 50 years to the same gorgeous guy. She loves cooking amazing homegrown food, celebrating grandbabies, her golden-egg-laying hennies, and watching old movies with popcorn.
Her writing appears at Medium, Arkansas Women Bloggers, Contently, The Testimony Train, Taste Arkansas, Only in Arkansas, and in several professional magazines and one anthology.
View more posts