Along with murderers, slave traffickers, and haters, those who gossip will not make it to heaven.
Although this is difficult to believe, it is true. Look:
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
However, if we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, we will be saved from the act of gossiping.
We will actually be able to stop it.
Such good news.
- Overheard (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
- Overheard: Bite Your Tongue! (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
- Overheard: At the Foot of Mt. Sinai (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
- Overheard: Saving Satan (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
- Overheard – He Came Back for Us (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
2 thoughts on “Overheard – How to go the other way”
I have vivid memories of sitting under a pastor (years ago!) who said that it is just as wrong to listen to gossip as to tell it. The imagery he used is that those who listen have “garbage can ears.”
And that point also was made yesterday in our church. In fact, Scripture even makes that point.
Thanks for this comment, Ruth! 🙂