Stuff’s been going around. Every day brings us closer to the eventuality. Sooner or later you will run into one of these bugs and knowing what to do will greatly enhance your sick experience.
One of the first and most important tools for fighting off a virus is Good Health. Having good health generally consists of the following:
- Eating good food
- Avoiding sugar
- Taking vitamin supplements
- Drinking enough water
- Exercising regularly
- Getting enough sleep
- Eating enough garlic.
You probably already knew these were good habits, but think of these others, too:
- Take your children with you instead of putting in daycare.
- Avoid self-serve food situations.
- Watch what you touch in public.
- Do not shake hands; or else wash afterwards.
- Keep your children out of the nursery at church.
- Use the fizzed virus prevention medications, when appropriate.
- Up the garlic content of your food.
If prevention does not keep you well, though, what are the next steps? Here is what our family does:
- We take Oscillococcinum as directed on package.
- We take Sambucol as directed on package.
- We take vitamin C stir ins, at least one per day.
- We take echinacea/goldenseal capsules as directed on package.
- For stuffy nose, we use a generic Sudafed by day and generic Benadryl by night.
- For congestion we use guaifenesin.
- For cough control we use valerian and/or a mentholated rub.
Oh, and we hardly ever have to go to the doctor!