I’m supposed to have posted about my favorite nearby charity.
I was totally shocked to discover my favorite charity does business a half day’s drive away from me, in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
That’s an unassuming place.
It’s an unassuming mission: providing surgery and prosthesis for Christians injured during persecution. Among other facets.
It just kills me to realize fellow brothers and sisters in Christ have been killed and maimed for their faith, left widowed, jobless, or homeless by the attacks of the violent.
But honestly, I think what bothers me most is finding persecution happening more and more, here, where I live, finding folks with stories that have been squelched, who do not even realize they are losing what we once had.
Okay, here is the mission: Voice of the Martyrs.
And here is just a tiny glimpse at what they deal with, daily:
An Afghan news service quoted Mr. Hanafi as saying, “Numerous Afghans have become Christians in India. This is an offense to Islamic laws, and according to the Quran, they need to be executed.” (from their website)
No, that’s not really a glimpse of what they deal with; not like the photos they send you if you ask for their literature. A photo of a little girl with her arm cut off, or of individual glass communion cups melted in a church torching will make you think. Will make you pray.
Will make you give.
The Voice of the Martyrs
P.O. Box 443
Bartlesville, OK 74005
- Persecution News Stories (kingdomwarfare.com)
- Please pray for this 3 y.o. persecuted Christian boy (fellowshipoftheminds.com)
- The worst countries to be a Christian (leftfootforward.org)
- Pray for the Persecuted (steakandabible.com)
- Open Doors USA Partners With Moody Radio Network to Present Prayer Summit for the Persecuted Church (blackchristiannews.com)
- Update: Prostheses Reach Nigerian Christians (deaconforlife.blogspot.com)
- Persecuted for Messiah (jonahzsong.wordpress.com)