What then are we to make of suffering?
If we are The Called, in Christ Jesus, everything that happens to us is for some higher purpose, even when life DOES go our way. We can know for sure that the pain of suffering unfair treatment, like all other things, works for good. The Scriptures promise this.
- Suffering at the hands of an enemy gives us rare opportunities to extend forgiveness to people in Jesus’ name.
- It can draw His precious ones closer to Him, if that’s what we want, not like those who move farther away from Him when they face suffering.
- It can quiet us from our boasting, give us peace within our limitations, and explain mourning to us in a way we can understand.
- Suffering can make us open our Bibles with new earnestness, and oftener, too.
- It can teach us new heights of patience with those who watch us and try to help us.
- It can cause us to acknowledge God’s authority over us, and to accept His working in our lives as the highest good.
- Finally, suffering can cause us to rest in our trust in God, full of His Holy Spirit, and to see His hand in everything that happens around us.
I pray these blessings on you all. They are the whole reason He came, anyway. Right?